Sunday, November 23, 2014

Planning for Turkey Day: Defrosting the Turkey


The countdown has begun. We are now three days away from a day filled of good food and family. I have to admit this will be my first time hosting our family in our new home and cooking for more than five people. I without a doubt am going to need some help and planning to make sure our turkey day goes without any bumps in the road.

After researching (well Pinteresting) Thanksgiving, I have compiled what I think will help me and others host a great Thanksgiving Day.


My husband has insisted on doing the Turkey this year. This means we will be frying our Turkey in the driveway while the men do whatever it is they do. Don’t turn up your nose just yet. We fried our Turkey last year and I have to say I have never tasked a Turkey that was so moist and full of flavor. The only draw back to frying a Turkey is that it has to be completely thawed or it will blow up in the fryer, and I would really like it if that did not happen! Here are the rules on how to defrost a turkey:  


  • Put turkey in fridge to thaw
  • Put turkey on large tray to catch any juice
  • Keep turkey in packaging
  • It takes 24 Hours per 4-5 lbs of Turkey to thaw

Come back tomorrow to see part two of "The Easy Guide to Planning Thanksgiving"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS