Tuesday, March 4, 2014

When Daddy is Away, the Monsters Will Play

Isn’t if funny how you don’t really know how much you miss something until it is gone? Well lets just say that I came to that realization very quickly this week. For the first time since having our kids my husband went on a work trip this week. Now if you had asked me if I thought being a stay at home mom was easy, yes would have jumped out of my mouth without hesitation. But now that I have been lets say solo for a few days… I look at the garage door at 4:00pm and wish my husband’s bright-eyed face would come walking through that door!

Now don’t get me wrong, I love my kids to the end of this world and back! But after being in a house with an 18month old and 4 month old for days without a break….it is enough to send a mother to drink. My son is at that adorable age when he wants to talk but just can’t formulate words let alone sentences, and as a result just loud screaming and whining come out.   Of course on any other days these things are just down right adorable. Those daily phone calls of what mysterious color I just found in my sons diaper or how so much can come out of something so little, turn into calling anyone that will have an adult conversation with me for the few minutes my living room is quite. Today I think my son finally realized that daddy is away, and as a result wanted me to Facetime his father every second. My heart broke every time my son had to say Goodbye to his daddy and then the pain of the phone colliding with my nose brought me back to reality. Got to love the terrible 2s.

Oh and lets not forget my sweet daughter who just wants to smile and laugh at me with those big blue eyes, but the second I look away or god –for-bid have to go to the bathroom, world war three breaks out.

As I read the word quite, I am looking around and basking in the sound of absolutely nothing. The sound of small baby breaths and pacifier smacking is one of my favorite parts of the day. 

I know in my husbands head he is jumping up and down with joy knowing that I truly need him to help me run a smooth operating home. All of those fights about how he doesn’t do anything now seem obsolete. He may not clean, or be as attentive as I am, but he tries and that is all that matters. At the end of the day when we can divide and conquer, that is when I know we make a great team!





My little love bug telling daddy all about her brother. I just had to share this! 



1 comment:

  1. passing on information... my kids pediatrician told me to call the Terrible 2's, The Terrific 2's... in a way it makes you think that you are not going insane!
    Lovely family! and can relate to each of the line you have written!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS