Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Easy DIY Mike Wazowski Costume




What you will need:
Lime Green Fleece 
White felt
Black felt
Fabric glue
All for under $10! 
I made this costume for a two year old so everything is to scale for him. You might have to adjust the sizes given on whom the costume is for
I used a dollar store laundry basket for a guide to the circle for Mike's body.

I am not a circle cutting pro, so i had to do a little trimming. 

I used a medium sized Pyrex as a guide for the white in his eyes. 

Put a good amount of fabric glue on the back of the eye and firmly press to the body. 

Used a coaster for the color of Mike's eye. 

Mike's eye seemed naked without an eyelid so i used some extra lime green fabric to make an eyelid. 

For the pupil i used a glass as a guide for the circle. 

Loved how the eye turned out!

The teeth are the fun part. Make them fun!

I used the teeth as a guide for the smile length. You can decide how big you want your Mike to be smiling. 

It just didn't seem right with only top teeth so i added some bottom ones.  

To finish off Mike's face I added black felt to the mouth. 

To make it an easy costume to put on I added lime green straps by using the left over green fabric. I cut out an identical lime green body circle for the back of the costume. I then cut out two straps from the fleece fabric each one about the depth of 3 fingers. To insure the straps would stay in place I sewed them by using some green thread I had leftover from a previous project. 

Tada! You have a Mike Wazowski costume for under $10! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS