Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's Okay!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


What do you do when you realize you aren’t living the life you dreamed about? The life you saw displayed in magazines, movies, and television shows, the type of life that society has associated with “normal”. 

All my life I had depicted this image of what a “normal” life, marriage, and family were supposed to look. I would grow up to be a mother of four beautiful children who wore pearls and dresses while tending to the house and kids. I would smile all the time because there was nothing to be sad about. My husband would come home after a hard day at work to a gourmet meal on the table and his family exchanging stories about their day.  We would live in a standard suburban home with a well-tamed dog and excellently manicured lawn. I would dive the children around to their activities and sports in our minivan and cook for the bake sale and booster club.  Fights between spouses and daily troubles were not thought of.


Ok…you can laugh now!

There is no fairytale life, marriage, or family. There is no “normal”. One of the biggest lessons I have learned after 3 years of marriage and 2 kids is that it is ok to just be you. It is ok to do what works for your family. What works for you.


I drive myself crazy trying to be the best mother and wife I can be for my family. I never want my husband or my children to be without or feel like they could have had someone better. This may sound crazy to you, but I just like to be my best. I think it is the control/ OCD side of me. I am still fairly new at this whole wife and mother thing, but I have found that it is important to find our families own identity. I cannot compare my family to that of those on television or in magazines because lets face it….THEY ARENT REAL!
    Put your business online!  Get a $8.99 .COM/.NET from GoDaddy!
  • It’s ok to want to hide in a closet and cry when times get tough
  • It’s ok to have arguments with your spouse. It can even be healthy for your relationship
  • It’s ok for you house to not be wicked clean and tidy all the time
  • It’s ok to have mac-n-cheese for dinner occasionally
  • It’s ok to just want to be alone
  • It’s ok to wonder what you life would have been like if you went down a different road
  • It’s ok to skip bath time and go straight to bed
  • It’s ok to not do the dishes every night
  • It’s ok to totally hate the Disney Channel and all the characters on it
  • It’s ok to just let you children cry themselves to sleep after a long day
  • It’s ok to skip a few pages at story time to get to the end faster
  • It’s ok to not put all the toys back where they are suppose to go
  • It’s ok to want to have an adult conversation at the end of the day
  • It’s ok to have your husband cook dinner and clean up
  • It’s ok to get mad and yell
  • It’s ok to be overwhelmed
  • It’s ok to watch reality TV and eat candy in bed
  • It’s ok to give into your kids and give them what they want just so they will stop whining or crying
  • It’s ok the laundry has been sitting there for a week
  • It’s ok if your lawn and landscaping isn’t perfect
  • It’s ok if you have week old fast food bags left in your car
  • It’s ok that you hid that really annoying toy your kids love and tell them it’s lost
  • It’s ok to make bedtime a little early just to have time with your husband
  • It’s ok to get a babysitter and enjoy a night out with your husband
  • It’s ok that your still in your pajamas and your hair isn’t brushed
  • It’s ok if you don’t sit at the dinner table as a family
IT IS OK TO JUST LET YOUR FAMILY BE YOUR FAMILY!!!! LET YOURSELF BE YOURSELF! LET YOUR RELATIONSHIP BE ITS OWN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS